Sunday, October 2, 2011

Blog 5

Unfortunately I was not in class when we went over creative writing as a research method, but after reading the blog posted about the discussion in class I think I understand some of the points for creative writing. So the idea I came up with was about a young boy coming to the United States from another country on his own. The story would focus on all the hardships he faced trying to become a neurosurgeon and creating a life for himself in a new place, around new people.

My research process would include:

1. Cluster: This first step would give me a chance to come up with various smaller ideas that reflect my cental concept. For example, what age would the boy be when he moves to the United States? What kind of community would he live in? The stages of his educational process to become a neurosurgeon?

2. I would talk to friends and family who may have knowledge about this topic, and use their experiences to come up with a storyline and help me design a plot.

3. Freewrite: I would begin to write down my ideas and come up with a sequence of events that my character would go through. I would keep a notebook and pen or pencil with me, so if an idea popped into my head I could write it down.

4. I would interview people and observe children from other countries in school and home settings, just to see how he or she adapts to a new environment.

5. Once I have organized my thoughts and ideas I would begin to write my first draft, I would definitely have more than one peer revisions with more than one person. After I revised and have written my final draft, I would do another peer revision  and proofread numerous times before being completely finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment