Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Blog 8

Sample Transcript for DA

After I read the interview between Dr. Chandler and her student Lorena, I scanned the interview and looked for any "power moves" regarding discourse analysis. Here is the list of things I came up with:


  • The student repeated the words "you know" throughout the interview.
  • The student told the story three different times in the interview.
  • The mood changes from the begining of the interview to the end.
  • The three themes I found was the ESL Test, friends, and fear.
  • I also noticed hesitation with some of the student's responses.
  • Dr. Chandler used the student's responses to ask the upcoming questions.
  • The interview ended on a positive note saying, "Yeah, in the new class, I got a new group of friends. It was good."
  • There were approximately fifty-sixty uses of pronouns.
"Power Moves":
      Social Expectations:
         State, School board, mother, and friends.

I have to admit some of the things I came up with were more difficult to find than others. I am still trying to see if there is anything else I could find, and if I do I will add it to my list!

No comments:

Post a Comment